- Quad 18″ LF drivers with 4″ (100 mm) voice coils
- Dual isobaric configuration for extended low frequency response and increased fidelity
- Very low second order harmonic distortion inherent in push / pull isobaric design
- Dual drive 4-ohm loads, pin 1 +/-, pin 2 +/-
- 2400 W/4800 W, long term/program power handling
- Usable response down to 30 Hz
- Max long term output 134 dB SPL
- Multi-ply, cross-grain laminated birch construction
- Perforated steel grills with powdercoat finish
- Integrated handles and stacking skids
- Extending low frequency response for systems in: clubs, theaters, concert halls, houses of worship
- Dance Venues
- Portable and installed AV systems
- Live sound reinforcement
- Corporate AV
Every component inside the A Class subwoofers are optimized for each unique design. From transducers and cabinet architecture, to precision-tuned vents and crossovers, our team ensures that every element works at peak efficiency and in perfect harmony to deliver impactful and defined low frequency extension.
As the flagship of the A Class subwoofer family, the formidable as-418 features four custom-engineered, 18-inch drivers into a compact enclosure comparable in size to most dual-18-inch subwoofer designs. Drivers are configured into a pair of front-to-front, isobaric (push-pull) configurations. The direct radiation from each front driver is combined with the output of the companion rear driver in a tuned vented enclosure. This Compound Force design enables more output and less distortion than a typical dual 18-inch subwoofer, in the same footprint.
The custom-engineered transducers inside the as-418 are equally unique. Each feature a large, 4-inch voicecoil and ceramic ferrite magnet. Ceramic is a much better choice for subwoofer application where extreme excursions generate operating temperatures that can easily demagnetize neodymium components over time. By combining the large voice coil with a ceramic magnet structure, we increased power handling and decreased power compression, while ensuring reliable performance that would be consistent year after year under the most demanding conditions.